Our New Jersey bed and breakfast inn’s convenient center-of-town location in the Historic District places you within easy walking distance of beaches, boardwalk, shopping, and recreational facilities, so planning a full vacation calendar at the Scarborough Inn couldn't be easier. Popular driving destinations such as Atlantic City or various historical sites in Cape May are only minutes away.
Offering an inviting alternative to Atlantic City lodging, the guest rooms and suites at our New Jersey Shore bed and breakfast are beautifully appointed and are decorated in warm, coordinated shades in order to satisfy both your aesthetic and creature-comfort needs. Private baths are standard throughout, and there are a number of adjoining rooms, a one-bedroom apartment, and special occasion rooms.
A coin-operated Guest Laundry is located on the ground floor for those on extended vacation or those who want to return home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. There’s also an iron and ironing board (complimentary) and a soda machine. On the same floor, guest restrooms allow convenient access from throughout the Inn and provide facilities after checkout, so you can fully enjoy the final day of your Ocean City vacation.
Bather’s Exits on two floors facilitate trips to the Ocean City Beach – just a 5-minute stroll from the Scarborough Inn. A Bathhouse with hot and cold water and Changing Rooms encourage guests to rinse off the sand before entering the Inn or allow for a change of clothing before heading home at the conclusion of your vacation.
Guest Room Amenities
- Individually-decorated Rooms with Private Bath (queen or
king-size beds, except in adjoining family rooms).
- King and Queen Suites have guest robes and in-room coffee bars.
- Daily Chambermaid Service.
- Signature Toiletries Collection.
- Alarm Clock Radio, Hair Dryer, Telephone, Cable TV with DVD or VCR, A/C or heater (if required).
- Temper-Pedic® and Cuddle Bed® Mattress Toppers available by request.
- In-room Refrigerators (additional daily charge, please request prior to arrival).
- Scarborough Inn Binder (helpful information about the Inn).
Scarborough Inn Amenities
- Daily Breakfast - featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Beverages & Ice - available throughout the day in both the Butler’s Pantry & the Sojourn Room.
- Afternoon Refreshments – sweet & savory selections, available beginning at 4:00pm daily in the Butler’s Pantry.
- Concierge Service – complimentary assistance with restaurant reservations, regional attractions and special events, planning special occasions, driving directions, and more. Just ask!
- Customized Experience – a new feature that helps us individualize your Scarborough Inn experience to address dietary restrictions or respond to your personal needs or expectations.
- Complimentary Wireless Internet throughout the Inn.
- Business Services (fax, copying, scanning - fee applies).
- On-site Parking Lot (one space per room).
- Bicycle Rack (please provide your own lock).
- Beach Tags – (2) per room with refundable cash deposit.
- Bathhouse (with hot & cold showers and changing area) and Guest Restrooms, available after checkout, too.
Common Areas – for the enjoyment of all Guests
- Double Living Room (with fireplace, piano, & gift shop)
- Dining Room (breakfast daily)
- Butler’s Pantry (ice, beverages, afternoon refreshments)
- Bather’s Exit
- Library (books, magazines, media collection, travel brochures, armchairs)
- Bather’s Exit
- Sojourn Room (tables & chairs, board games & playing cards, CD player, desk, plus kitchenette with ice machine, small fridge, and beverage center)
- Coin-operated Guest Laundry
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Soda Machine
- Guest Restrooms
- Bathhouse (outside, adjacent to Bather’s Exits)
- Courtyard Garden and Shaded Patio with outdoor furniture