It breaks our hearts that we cannot continue to serve you home-cooked meals that brought us all together in the past. We are currently working on COVID-safe alternatives. Until then, we are offering a “grab-&-go” style breakfast. This includes individually wrapped pastries, granola bars, yogurt, cereal, & fresh fruit. Orange juice, apple juice, freshly brewed coffee, hot tea and bottled water will also be served. Please help yourselves to our current offerings and connect with us over some morning coffee and conversation on the porch, or feel free to bring them to your room or elsewhere if you are on-the-go.
We want you to feel safe and confident when visiting us during this difficult time. For that reason, some of the things we are doing to keep you safe include (but are not limited to):
- All employees are required to wear a mask and gloves while working
- New plexiglass sneezeguard added to front desk
- Check in will be as “touchless” as possible; pre-payment of balance is required at least 3 days before check in
- All decorative pillows and soft, removable items have been removed from rooms
- All pillows will be double cased
- Rooms will undergo a more thorough (even more than we normally do) cleaning, focusing on sanitizing items in rooms, and high touchpoints.
- Social distancing will be strongly encouraged throughout common areas of SI
- Room books, pens, and notepads have been removed from rooms
- All remote control devices in rooms will have a sanitary disposable cover; they will be changed before each new guest
- Hand sanitizer will be placed on each floor for your use and convenience
- Keys and beachtags will be sanitized before each new guest
- ETC….if you would like to discuss our new practices, please feel free to call or email us:)
Welcome to the Scarborough Inn Bed & Breakfast
The largest bed and breakfast in Ocean City, New Jersey, the Scarborough Inn Bed & Breakfast provides a unique experience for guests who enjoy the personal touch of a traditional B&B and the privacy of a hotel. The inn currently has 24 individually decorated guest rooms, each featuring its own theme. For example, room 12, also known as “Sindia,” is named after the famous cargo ship that ran aground in Ocean City in 1901 and has a nautical-themed decor. The Scarborough Inn Bed & Breakfast is one of the last remaining Victorian Era hospitality venues in Ocean City, providing old style charm with modern amenities, such as air conditioning, flat screen televisions, DVD players, small refrigerators, and free Wi-Fi.
Time and Space to Relax and Re-energize
Settle into a rocker on the 100-foot wraparound porch of our Ocean City, NJ bed & breakfast. Nestle in front of the fireplace in the double living room on chilly spring or autumn afternoons. Enjoy a book or a board game in the cozy library or help yourself to the guest computer in the top-floor Sojourn Room where you can catch a glimpse of the Atlantic Ocean.
Centrally Located To All Major Attractions & Free Off-Street Parking
The Scarborough Inn Bed & Breakfast is located two blocks from the beach and heart of the boardwalk and three blocks from our famous Downtown OCNJ shopping district, Asbury Avenue. It’s quite possible to park your car and never need it until your departure day. Take a stroll or bike around the island at your leisure. Enjoy historical, cultural, or culinary day trips throughout the area – we’ll be happy to help you plan interesting excursions, if that’s your “cup of tea”. But, rest assured, the most popular attractions to our small city, The Atlantic Ocean & award-winning boardwalk, are simply a 5-10 minute easy walk from the Scarborough Inn Bed & Breakfast.